From: Jonathan Jarett Fischer
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 10:19 AM
Querida Família

Wow. Another great week passed. I can't believe how fast the time goes. Only 3 months that are left now. This is crazy.
This week we were blessed to have the área president in our mission. It was great because I got to learn about the importance of talking with everyone. For example his life. Presidente, Carlos A. Godoy, met the missionaries when he was only 16 years old. He was a normal young kid of the world. Or at least like it was. He had problems with the Word of wisdom and had long hair. Well certainly he became a leader in the church and became a very successful man. Its crazy to think because we are teaching a 16 year old kid that is 16 that is going to be baptized this Saturday. I pray that everything goes well. He reads everything we give him and hás the desire to be baptized. Hes truly the exmaple for his family. Its great.
Then this week we met the neighbor of one of our investigators. Wow! The lesson was powerful. The spirit was strong and he, and Tiago (another one), wanted to go to church. And well, he went yesterday. To say the least he loved it. Hes 25 and reminds me of Casey. He works at the bank and works out at night. His father died of câncer and lives with his family. Hes way cool. I pray that he continues to search for the truth and pray to receive more anwsers that this is truly the true church of Christ. Wow. What a blessing it is that we found him.
Today I´m excited because the parents of our investigator went to church (the father for the 3rd time yesterday). We are going to have lunch with them today and finally we are going to teach the father and mother( for the father is always working in his business).
Also yesterday it was great because I had a great experience. We were putting our things together for church and what my companion would take in his back pack. As I was thinking what we needed I felt to ask him if he had his oil. He Said Yes, and then the Day continued. Then about 8:10, as our appointments had fallen I felt like we should visit a recent convert –for she didn´t go to church. We would share our living Easter card; its a message we are giving to members – (we sing and read a couple of scriptures. Its awesome!) So we went to her house (Arlete). When we arrived there she greeted us with a smile as we were singing at her door. We continued the message as we entered and then as we ended she said she was feeling a lack of our presence. And then I asked her why she didn´t go to church. She said that she was feeling pain in her back. I then asked her if there was anything we could do.. and then an impression came to my mind ´´give her a blessing´´. She said no. And then I asked her. 'are you sure?'; and then she said she wanted a blessing. And we were prepared, for we had put the oil in the backpack. It was a special experience. I know that God knows each and everyone of us. He loves us and cares for us and mom, as you said, through the spirit we are guided and directed and as such we receive the revelation we need so we can complete the tasks the Lord wants us to!
I Love this work, it's so great. I pray that we can continue to find those that are ready to hear the gospel. I pray that I can continue to be worthy to have the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. I Love this Church. I Love the leaders. I know the Presidente Pickett is inspired and leads and guides us so we can complete the Lord's will.
I hope you all have a great week!

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: