From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 5:32 AM

Queirda família.

This week was amazing!! Wow. The work is just going crazy here in Jardim Limoeiro. I love it here. This week was great. The weather completely turned around and we have been working in the blazing sun. I have grown to love the sun here. So here's what the week was like. Well during the week we were blessed. A lot of miracles happened this week. We had not many lessons with members in the beginning of the week and I got sick with a fever and then my companion got sick and then I became worried that we would not achieve our goals. Well, the Lord hears our prayers miracles happened this week. We taught lessons with members. And many investigators came to church!! It was great we have been preparing a young adult, Isailson for baptism this week. He is so cool. He is an elect. Really he follows all the things we teach him and the responses he gives reaffirms that he was truly pre-ordained to be taught by the missionaries and be baptized. He was baptized on Sunday. It was amazing. Us four missionaries sang. It was so cool. We had a sister play the violin and one sister played the piano. One of the elders that sang with us sings really good and together the music was so great. I love this work. And before we sang, Madalena (she is the recent convert with her husband), gave her testimony. She was nervous but did a great job. Her testimony touched me profoundly as she testified about the difference the gospel has made in her life and the new person that she has become. It was great!

On Friday we had interviews. Wow I love President Pickett. Really he is a man inspired of God. He was chosen in the life before this to lead this mission and I feel so privileged to serve here under his direction. Then we will have our conference tomorrow. Im so excited. It should be great. Im excited for this week. For this week we are teaching another young adult named Geovane. I pray that he continues to feel the light of Christ in his life and will follow through to be baptized this week. I feel so blessed and happy to be serving. This coming week we are praying and preparing another young adult that is so cool called Gevoane. He went to church yesterday for the second time in a shirt and tie!! It was so cool. And then he had his interview to be baptized this coming Sunday and stayed to watch the baptism of Isailson. It was terrific. We are going to start practicing singing for his baptism. Oh, and this Sunday I'm going to give a talk too!

This is a great work and a wonder. We are making the difference as members and missionaries. I love being a part of it. For the spirit is really what makes the difference on the mission. If there is one thing that we can all begin to pray for it is to have the spirit always. For the spirit edifies and brings joy to our lives-the joy that makes us want to continue to share what we are feeling with others.

I know this is the Lord´s work. I know that God lives and loves each and everyone of us! I will pray for you three Casch, Casey, and Niki that you can all get better!! I hope you all have a great week and will pray that you all can feel the great spirit that I'm feeling here in Brazil!!Here are pictures. One is of the baptism and the other was when I came home one day drenched ha ha. I was using an umbrella too! Ha ha! I love you all!

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: