From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 5:20 AM

Querida família,

Wow. It was a geat conference we had with Elder Beck. It was great to see everyone too! He talked about the youth and how they can be fortified against bad things these days. It's interesting how far away we may be and live in other parts of the world; all of us must follow the gospel.

Then this week we have been really trying hard to find people. It's been difficult. We found a youth on Saturday. His name is Rafael. He's cool. He has some great goals he wants to achieve for his age= he's 17. He went to church yesterday. I hope we can help him be baptized on the 20th. It's really starting to be difficult. I know im here for a reason, I'm just trying to find it and not get depressed on the way.

It sounds like the weather has been hot. Just like here J It will be strange to see snow and cold rain again. The sun and hot humid weather have become normal now. I love air conditioning....For those that have it. Haha

I know this is the true church. I know that we have hard times so that we can grow. I read a scripture really interesting. Mosiah 4:9. It talks about how even though we may not understand everything the Lord does. We just need to do our part. It's life. We have hard times so we can truly understand what joy and happiness is. Just as Adam and Eve. How would they know what joy is without knowing what misery is. I know that God loves each and one of us. We are here on the earth to learn. Therefore we must have faith and endure the hard times so that we can do what the Lord wants us to do-even when it seems like there is no end and its hard.

I know that Christ knows each one of us. He loves us. He died for our sins. And through Him we can become clean-but we need to do our part.

I love you all very much! I hope you all have a great week! Please pray for my companion and I that we may be guided to find those that are prepared.

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: