From: Elder Jonathan Fischer

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 6:11 AM

Queirda família,

Wow what a week!I can´t believe the transfer is already over. Tommorrow the new transfer will start. This week was a great week. My companion and I were blessed with the opportunity to help a very special casal(couple)enter into the path of Christ this weekend. It was a great blessing to see them marry on Saturday and be baptized on Sunday. It was a great wedding. The ward came together and it turned out great. Then the baptism was fantastic. The president of the relief soceity gave a breif talk and bore her testimony. It was amazing. Very spiritual. This truly is the Lord´s work. I hope everyone in the baptism felt the truthfulness of this great missionary work. Madalena and Rafael are great. I will never forget them.

Also we have been working with a young adult that had already met the missionaries. Wow. He is great. He has been progressing very well. He said that he had already been given the chance to hear the gospel and this time he is going to follow. He has a date to be baptized on the 8th. I pray that he continues to have the desire to follow the example of Christ and be baptized!! What an elect!

I'm excited to see what will happen with transfers. Mom aftering hearing the lastest news. I just want you to know that God knows our situations. He knows what is best. For we learn from the lessons of life. I know that the power of prayer is real. But, also that we cannot change the will of God. We are so blessed as members of the church. We are rich- we have a richness that cannot be taken away from us. For we have the greatest knowledge! We know for ourselves that God lives, Chirst His Son lives, and that His Church is on the earth. That the power to seal families for all eternity is on the earth once again. We must not be fearful even though we are living in the last days. I know that we all difficulties. Whatever they may be we will overcome them. But we must continue. As Presidente Dieder F. Uchtdorf mentioned ( I think) , we cannot be distracted by the little things. We cannot lose sight. WE have the light. I know that Jesus Chirst is our Savior. I know that this is His Church- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I don´t think I know it ..I know it. I know that the Holy Ghost is real. I have felt the power he has and cannot deny it. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

p.s. How's the weather? It's really heating up here!! Yikes!! Are there a lot of Halloween decorations? p.s.s mom I got your package! Thanks so much !! I love you much

No comments: