From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 6:55 AM

Queirda familia,

Well as for this week. I received your letters! Wow there was a mountain after the mail strike stopped! Thanks so much. It was great to see your photos! Nicole --haah-- Casch is growing so fast!! :) Can´t wait to see him. Mom you look so skinny !!! Ha hah I loved the pictures of the trip. The arches ..I want to visit that place!! As for last´p-day we visited the covento da Penha. Its a Catholic church way high up that overlooks the city. I will show you guys photos next week. It was way fun. I even saw a monkey ha ha ha! I took pics. I´ll send them next week. And today we are going to the chocolate factory. I'll take pics! I'm excited I love the chocolate factory ha ha ha..But, as for this week:

We have been teaching Maria da Penha, Madalena and Rafael. Wow these people are so great. Madalena and Rafael will be married and baptized on the 17th and the 18th. I'm so excited for them. They are so special. My companion and I have been so blessed. Maria da Penha, She is so great. She has two restaurants and last night she agreed that she would not sell alcaholic drinks in them. Wow. She is special. She went to conference-2 sessions! The second session she watched which was the last, I think she liked more. What a blessing it is to take part in this marvelous work. She is searching for something and wants to change her life. She has a date to be baptized! The 25 of October. I pray that she continues to make the changes in her life so that she can enter into the holy covenant of baptism.

As for conference, Wow! I loved conference! It was such a great spiritual experience. I especially liked David. A. Bednar´s talk and Jeffery R. Holland. I could feel the power and authority that Jeffery R. Holland has when he gave his talk. Wow. He is the warrior of the church. What inspirational men of God that are leading the Church of our savior Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to have the privilege to hear the words of the prophets. To hear their counsel and feel the truthfulness of their divine callings. I would like to thank you all. Each one of you. For the love and support that you have been giving me. I thank you for your prayers and your letters. I love you all very much.

I hope that we all can remember the words that were said in the conference. Especially how we as children of God have families, and we can live together forever--- but we need to make the right choices in this life. For if we do not prepare us in this life and avoid the temptations of the adversary everyday -How will we be able to live in the presence of our father? We need to support one another and as Presidente Uchtdorf said, as member of the Church we need to try to develop the divine attribute of Love. If we continue to do so in this life we can live together forever; that the promises made in the temple will be fulfilled. I am so grateful to be a member of the church. I know that this is the only true church on the face of the earth, that the heavens are open and that we are living in the last days -the last dispensation. I know that Joseph smith gave his life to restore the church of our savior Jesus Christ. That even though he was persecuted he continued on and brought forth another light of Christ -The book of Mormon. I know that this book if the word of God. For we can feel the spirit as we read this holy divine scripture. I hope each and everyone of you have a great week. I pray for you all and wish the best!

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: