October 12, 2009






















From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 7:06 AM

Queirda família,

This week went by so fast! I can´t believe that this is the last week of the transfer!! Already! This was great.

We met some great people this week. This week we did an activity during lunch with one member to retrieve references. We call it the "the ark of..´´place the name of the member´´. Its great because we ask them to write down the names of their friends that live in the bairro that they would save. In doing this we ended up with a great reference. It turns out that the member's neice lives close by..never went to church and has only 5 months here in this state. We visted her and she promised she would go to church. Then on Friday we returned and taught the neice and her husband. They are not married but they marked the 25th of october to turn in their papers to marry. I'm excited. Im hoping that the uncle of this neice can help them through the marriage process. Maybe even loan them money so they can get married faster. The couple went to church this weekend. It seemed liked they enjoyed it.

Also this weekend Junior was confirmed. He's such a great kid. And this weekend I'm so exited. Madalena and Rafael will get married in the chapel and then on Sunday they will be married. I'm exited. I pray that everything goes well. My companion and I have been extremly blessed.

This truly is the Lord´s work. This Sunday was great too. It was fast and testimony meeting. The spirit was so strong. It was a great spiritual boost. The spirit is so incredible-it's influence is undeniable.

I know that Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of us. He wants us to make the right choices-but we must choose. Will we follow? We must continue in faith. A mission has been a great blessing in my life. We all experience difficulites-we share a common trait -as brothers and sisters in zion we must remember to support each other and keep on going. I know that Christ lives. He loves us and is our advocate. I know that I am not perfect by any means but I'm trying. I know that all of us can have more peace and joy in our lives through the restored gospel of Christ.

I love you much! I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for all you do! I love getting your missionties! Thanks! I love you all!

Com amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: