I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES

From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 7:39 AM

Querida Familia! Boa TARDE!!!

Man it sounds like everyone is going to Florida...without me.. :( sad. But, o well. Send pictures at least!

This week has been crazy! I can´t even beleive it. I recieved all of the mission ties!! Wow! The house looks amazing. It looks like a whole other house. geeeezzee.. The floors look amazing. Great job!

But, about the work. Things are going great. I had conference yesterday in Macaé. Its always great to take a break from the normal routine. I had a great talk with my mission president. He really is inspired and was called of God.

I also received the letter you sent from Bryan. What a great experience he had. Experiences like this truly make the mission. But i think its interesting what i learned yesterday in conference. Bascially it was said that we are able to receive miraculous signs and wonders to help us realize that truly God lives and the work of Him exists. But, the only thing that will truly convert you is a testimony. There was the example with Korior. He wanted a sign, and was punished with being mute. He then wrote in the ground that he believed and wanted to be turned back. But, Alma replied that if he were to do that, he was continue to preach against the church. Can you beleive that? It really stresses the importance of a testimony. 3 three things we need to have a testimony are 1 that Jesus Chirst lives, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that through him The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true Chruch on the face of the planet. But how do we gain a testimony?

We need to seek after the truth through prayer and fasting with faith, that through this process we will receive an awnser through the Holy Ghost. This testimony or evidence makes our testimony. Yes, we can a testimony about other things like the Book of Mormon or becuase of experiences, but these three things need to be the basis of our Testimony. That when we know that these things are true, we will be strong and have a firm foundation. I too, know that Jesus Christ lives, He loves each and everyone of us. He saved mankind through His atonement and offers eternal life to each one of us if we are obedient and become clean of our sins. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He literally saw God the Father, and His beloved Son, Jesus Christ. That through the direction of Heavenly Father and His Son, Joseph Smith restored the Church of Jesus Christ. That today, we have the same power and authority on the earth that parted the Red Sea, the same authority of God that allowed Peter to walk on Water, and the preistood to heal the sick and the afflicted. The Chruch of Jesus Chirst is on the earth, and all of its princples, docterines, ordinances - the Authority is here; We have the truth. The power to be sealed together for all eternity is on the earth in the house of Lord, called Temples. I know these things are true becuase the Holy Ghost has tesified to me. I have not recieved an Angelic vist, but have received the still small voice of the Holy Ghost.And through out my life I have had promptings and whisperings of the spirit that have strengthend my testimony. Especially on the mission. I know that this is real, we have been privleged, and that with this privilegde we are held responsible.The Holy Ghost is real, I have felt its power and can testify with all my heart that God loves each and everyone of us, and wants us to recieve this gift of the Holy Ghost. I bear my testimony in the name of our Redeemer, Salvador and King of Zion, Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all very much.. Have fun in the sun!

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

Mom, Thanks for the letters!! I would not send any more mission ties to this address. But to the rio office. Thanks for all that you do! You deserve a break so enjoy it!! Im a little sad, but get some sun for me!! :) Love you much!!

No comments: