I HAVE A TESTIMONY




From: Elder Jonathan Fischer Sent: Wed 3/04/09 10:22 AM

Querido Familia,

Boa TARDE de BRASIL!!

This week went by super fast. Its been interesting getting to know my area. To inform you all our mission has been going through some changes and has been having some trouble. So. President asked all to answer why we are here? I thought you all may enjoy.

Querido Presidente Why am I here as a missionary?

Pondering this question, many ideas come to mind. First I would like to tell you that I am hear because I know that this Church is the Church of Jesus Chirst. As members we have the duty to preach the gospel to all mankind. Being a missionary fulfills part of this promise. Second I am here because I know that the Lord has called me to serve. He has preordained me to serve this mission, Rio De Janeiro Norte. The Lord has called me and I must remember that this calling is really a calling from God. As D&C 64:34 writes, a missionary must be willing to serve;. I know that this is the key. As you spoke in the last conference. Our attidude is what makes the difference. Because when we have a desire we will follow the spirit. And this is the key. It is the only way to truly find the elects. Those that are waiting to receive the message that will bring the truth to their ears and let them see that once again the heavens have open, will be found only through following the spirit. I am here because I want to follow the Lord. At times I wonder what I am doing here in this country, but I remind my self that this is what the Lord wants. This experience is what the Lord wants. I have the choice and agency whether to use this time wisely or not, this is the Lord´s time. President, I know that Jesus Christ lives, He is our savior and redeemer. This is His Church, and I am a missionary and representative of His Church—The Only true church on the earth. This privellege is sacred. I bear my testimony that I am here because I know this Church is true, that this is what the Lord wants, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. ..:)

Anyways, this week went by really fast. My disease is gone. It’s a blessing. Thanks for your prayers. And I now have 8 months on the mission !!! I can´t believe it. Im scared I feel like I should knwo more. Things are going pretty good. This past week we had a baptism. It was a great experience to see somebody change their life. He had once lived a different life. Very different, but decided to change- realized he could be forgiven of his sins.

Also, I would like to thank you Mom and Dad for you testimony. The spriti was very strong when I was reading them. What a blessing it was. Thank you. Truly the gospel is real;. There isn´t words to explain the feeling that comes from following the truth and the feelings from the spirit; Its interesting because as I'm in another country==there are different things- the gospel and the holy ghost that confirms these truths are the same. Truly we are blessed. At times it is easy to forget the importance of this Church. But let's remember that there exists one church; And that there is opposition in all things. The Church of Christ, and the Church of the adversary. Thank you all for all that you do. I love hearing whats going on!

Love Elder Fischer
Eu amo vocês!!

No comments: