HAPPY NEW YEAR!







From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:01 AM

Querida Familia, Bom Dia de Brasil!
Tudo bem? Eu espero que sim!

This week was crazy. There was so much that happened. I still can't believe that its already new years. First off, it was great talking to all of you. It went by so fast. L But, I loved every minute. Thanks for all being there. It was great. How was Christmas for you all? It sounded like plans took a bit of a change. Haha.After Christmas, the week flew bye. Its funny because our chapel does not have electricity something happened with the power. And we had a baptism. But, luckily it was early enough to avoid any problems. It was a great experience because I got to confirm Julia (the girl that was baptized), the first time. To say the least it was an experience I will not forget. That the power of the priesthood is real. That we have the truth, and that as members we truly are fighting a daily battle against evil. Here on the mission I have had some great experiences that testify that truly as there is truth and good, there is the adversary.Have any plans for new years? We have to return home an hour early because of the parties. Haha. Tomorrow will be our p-day. I'm really excited though for this week because we have been blessed to help two of our investigators become married and baptized this weekend. It's a great privilege because they are a special family. Their daughters are already baptized. This couple truly is a blessing. And I know Angelica, the mother, will be a great member. I spoke of her testimony she bore a couple weeks ago. What a great example for our investigators.Well as you know, transfers are next week (7 de Janeiro). I´m almost 100% sure that I will stay. My companion has 1 more transfer than me here. And we both have lots of time in Campos. But, what ever is to be will be. Also, I received the letters from our ward Christmas Party. I feel so grateful. Getting mail is something that is well, amazing. It makes my day. It makes me feel that someone took a little time out of their day to remember me. Thank you to everyone that wrote me! You will never know the impact you have from sending a letter to a missionary. Let the Lord bless you all for helping one missionary feel more loved and remember the ward that he comes from. Thank you, thank you!Well family, I hope you all have a great week. Enjoy the opportunity to reflect on this past year and make a new years resolution. Set a goal to make a difference. To become closer to our Savior, to grow your understanding of the Gospel, to go to the temple more frequently and feel the peace that will come. I pray and hope all will work out for all of you. This year will be full of events and I wish you all the best!

Com Amor,

Elder Fischer

No comments: