MERRY CHRISTMAS!







From: Elder Jonathan Fischer
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008
6:58 am

Querido Família,
Primeiramente FELIZ NATAL!!!

Merry Christmas to all. I received your e-mail mom. Im sorry that your plans did not work out for Christmas. This year is a bit strange, you and dad at home, Im in brazil, and well..Where are Nicole and Aaron? Well where ever we are, I know we can feel the spirit of Christmas. The true Spirit-The Birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to be on a mission. My understanding of the gospel and truth that it brings to my ears is indescribable. I feel so blessed for the sacrifice our Savior and the opportunity to celebrate His birth. ´That He came into the world to complete the will of His Father, our Father.This past conference (Friday 19/12/2008) was great. One of the highlights of the conferences was Sister Picketts talk. She talked about the Savior´s birth and how we can become closer and learn more about him by reading the Book of Mormon everyday, for 30 minutes. So that's our new goal. I know that this goal was inspired to. I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon, and the safety from satan it can bring to us everyday. It truly is our Armor of God. I encourage you all to try to set this goal for yourselves as well. Reset that goal at the start of this new year to Read the Book of Mormon, ´´cover to cover´´ as President Gordon B. Hinckley once set. I know that blessings will come from doing this. The spirit will be more present and our understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be come ´´opened´´. Also in the conference we were able to watch ´´The Chronciles of Narnia´´. This film is great, and has wonderful symbolism. I encourage you all to watch it!! J The sacrifice of Alsan, truly represents our Savior, and that He truly gave His life, for us. Well im excited for tonight and tomorrow. We are having a Tchurrasco (BBQ) at the missionary ward liders house. It should be really good. And tomorrow we are going to have a BBQ with one of our investigators. The Rangel Family. This family is amazing. The parents will be married and baptized on the 3 of January. It really is a blessing to see a family grasp onto the gospel and realize that there is life after death. That there is no end to the ´´Light of Christ´´. I feel especially grateful for the plan of our Heavenly Father. That we can really live together after this life. Me and my companion watched ´´Charly´´. Hate to admit it but...That movie sure will get you to cry.. haha This is a great movie about Eternal Marriage. I am excited for that day, when I can take a daughter of God to His House The temple, and be sealed for all time and eternity. What a blessing. I enjoyed reading about Del Parson´s life ( a painter for the Church) (thanks mom for the bio!!) and how he too has realized the blessing of an eternal marriage as his first wife was killed tragically in a car accident. His life story is great. READ it! Well, I hope this letter finds you all doing great and enjoying this special time of year. I especially want to thank you all for all that you have done for me. I feel so blessed to have the family that I do. WE are different and enjoy different things, but we are united. That's what I love. And we have eternity to live together! Can´t wait to talk tomorrow! I will call first and then leave the number for you to call! So buy a phone card!!

Love you all! -Elder Fischer
p.s I attached a picture of our Christmas tree. It was given to me as a present from a member in Campos. Haha And i got my package! Thanks so much..im exicted to open it tommorrow!

No comments: