Tis the Season To Be Jolly




From: Elder Jonathan Fischer [mailto:jonathan.j.fischer@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:26 AM

Querida Família,
BOA TARDE!

It sounds like you are all doing well, and a little bit cold. J Here, its still raining...raining.....it seems like summer here is a normal day in Seattle. I hope I will get to see some more sunshine in this next week. But, other than the weather some great things happened this week.

Saturday, me, my companion, and the other two elders sand in the other wards Christmas party. It was good. We sang The First Noel. The party in our ward is this Friday. Im excited! They always have tons of food.

And on Sunday, I gave my first talk in church in BRAZIL!!! The Lord truly blessed me. I talked on Humility. It was a great experience. Also on Sunday, I was able to watch the First Presidency Rebroadcast in our Chapel in ENGLISH!! What a blessing. Every time I hear the first presidency talk or any of the apostles or general authorities I just feel so great. A feeling of peace and love. It also feels a little like im home during conference J What great messages were given. Wow. Especially the talk by Henry B. Erying about Bishop Sellers. What a great example of being Christ-like. I truly feel so blessed to live in this dispensation and have the restored gospel upon the Earth. To have the priesthood on the earth, and to have the opportunity where ever you are in the world to enter in a chapel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and be taught the same lessons and material as everyone else on that Sunday. It just brings the reality that The Church of Jesus Christ, is that-The Church of Christ. I feel so blessed that we have a living prophet. My companion this past week told a story about one of the paintings of our Savior. This photo was painted by Del Parson and is a portrait shot of the Savior with His red robe. The story behind this is that Del Parson, was my companions mother's old art teacher in college. And he told her that when he painted this picture of the Savior, he presented it to the twelve and the prophet. As he did, the prophet at the time (he doesn´t know which..) said that this picture looks more like the Savior than any other picture we have, but He has green eyes. Isn´t that amazing. The painting has green eyes ..im guessing Del changed it. But, this story helps us remember that really, prophets talk with the Savior face to face as it is stated in Exodus 33:11 ´´ E falava ao Senhor a Moises face a face como qualquer fala com amigo..´´ (I hope this is right..i had help). That the Savior is leading and guiding this church. What a blessing we have to live in this dispensation. What great knowledge we have. What an opportunity we have to share with others what we know.

Well, this week to come should be pretty eventful. This Friday we have conference in Macaé. O and I will be calling around 6 or7 p.m. here in brasil at a member's house. So, im guessing I should call your cell? O I got your Christmas Card today. The message you wrote in the middle was great. I really enjoyed it.

I wish you all a great week! Remember our purpose in this live, and the importance of faith, hope, charity, and love.

Com Amor,
Elder Fischer

No comments: